Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Today we had "Bible with Eric and God" in the morning, and we started going through the Bible as one story. While it's not a new concept to me, it's definitely interesting. We looked at the first two chapters of Genesis, looking at creation and the responsibilities of man. We then had an hour of solitude to pray and read Scripture.

Wednesday evening was exciting because John Stonestreet arrived and began teaching his class on "Christianity and Culture." He used to teach a full semester senior level class on this at Bryan College, and I definitely wish I could take the full thing. His class has been my favorite, as well as most challenging (not work load wise, but just in thinking through things and wanting to respond and make a difference). I'm going to skip over most of his stuff, because I haven't worked through it enough to coherently summarize it. That, and I didn't type these blogs out ahead of time. Sorry Mom. Suffice it to say for now that I've loved this week of classes, and I'm excited about the ideas I'll get to wrestle through in the coming days and week about culture and Christianity and how I (and the Church) needs to be involved.

No comments: