Sunday, September 6, 2009

September 6, 2009

September 6, 2009

Day 3, Summit Semester

We start class tomorrow, and we’ll immediately commence asking the “big questions” of life, philosophy, and reality. However, the things that have struck me so far in our time in the wilderness are “small things,” or I guess more accurately, basic foundational things upon which everything else must be built upon.

Perhaps most obvious to me right now, God is an amazing Creator.

In my mind, Texas is the most beautiful place on earth, but the rugged beauty of these mountains is different, and striking me as such. Being surrounded not by cars and concrete, but the perpetual chatter of the woods and mountains, the rustle of the trees, and the play of critters large and small is extremely refreshing.

Anything that is good in me is because of God.

My heart is a dark, disgusting place.

Yet, Jesus is my righteousness.

He has done what I cannot do, and I cannot improve on what He has done. Jesus has made me right before God. Jesus loved me while I was yet a sinner, and Jesus loves me now, as the sinner is being transformed into a saint. Nothing I do will change His love for me. I cannot make myself holy enough or worthy enough to be His daughter, yet that is who I am.

Those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.

No comments: