Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tuesdays are art class days with Charlie Pepitone. He's a cool guy, strong Christian though definitely liberal, but it's kind of cool to get different viewpoint on some things. On other things, it's more frustrating, and gives me a lot more respect for my mom's liberal seminary experience. It's a fascinating class, though - I'm really enjoying it. In terms of information, it's definitely the class I have the least experience in, and I'm finding my interest is growing. I've wanted to do "media" - combining words and graphics and layouts - but more and more I'm realizing I need to learn how to do "art." Not quite sure what this looks like yet, but Charlie's class is definitely the most intriguing and frustrating class right now, and it's encouraging me to look more into all of this once Semester's over.

After dinner, we also have small groups, and tonight we met up at Dr. Bauman's house, which is the second story of the Smiths' duplex. It was fun and a good time of discussion. Afterwards, Naomi, my mentor, and I, walked the mile and back down to Blue Creek Road in the moonlight, and that was amazing. We talked about a lot of stuff, from trusting God to experiences of the past couple years to art. It was great.

No comments: