Saturday, September 19, 2009

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Day 16, Summit Semester

In Christianity and Politics, we’ve been discussing terrorism – what it is, different public policies on how to deal with, what should be the Christian response, and how we can prepare to avoid/prevent it. I found it absolutely fascinating.

In Brit Lit, we’ve been looking at Beowulf, the Pearl poet and Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, and now Chaucer. As much as I enjoy reading literature, it is nice to get a feel for these stories without reading the whole thing.

In History of Christian Theology, we looked at the Apostolic Fathers - Clement of Rome, Ignatius, Polycarp, and Papias, as well as the Didache, which was an early (c. 120) training manuel for new Christians. Today we had a discussion on the Trinity and the first four Church Councils. While the other two classes are fascinating, this is definitely my favorite class.

Things are going really well. We're starting getting to know each other on a deeper level, and getting more involved in class. I'm really enjoying my time up here, and I'm looking forward to the next 10 weeks.

No comments: