Thursday, November 22, 2007

Snow and Wonder

I am thankful for many things.

I am thankful that I am a resident of the grand state of Texas. However, with this great privileges comes a climate unlike any other. Perhaps the only way to accurately describe it is to dub it "Texas weather." Let the reader understand.

Texas weather is very persnickety, to quote my grandmother. This is to be expected. However, having it SNOW on Thanksgiving Day was totally unexpected and quite amazing. I love Texas.

And I love the God who created snow. Snow brings out a childlike quality unlike anything else. I think I may have been more excited, or at least more active, about catching snowflakes on my tongue than my four-year-old cousin. As I grow older, I have more things to worry about than if I have a bingo card with Cinderella on it (the great concern of the evening for her). But I never want to lose a childlike sense of wonder at the beauty of God and His creation.

Father, renew my childlike wonder that I may know You more.

No comments: